Geared at people 45 and over, Healthy aging month is to remind us that we don’t have to grow old just because we have made a few more trips around the sun. To maintain your vibrancy, take this time to take stock in your lifestyle and set healthy goals.
5 Tips on Staying Healthy
- Check Your Diet – The DASH Diet or Mediterranean Diet are recommended, both of which focus on eating healthier options with no processed foods.
- Get Fit & Stay Fit – Make it a goal to get some physical activity at least 30-45 minutes a day.
- Track Your Activity to Help You Meet Your Goals – Hold yourself accountable and keep track of what you do. There are many apps and gadgets available for this.
- Keep Your Mental Wellness in Tune – A positive attitude goes a long way in the anti-aging process. A few good ways to keep in a positive mindset are to meditate, write down what you are thankful for, doing acts of kindness for others, and back to #2 get moving as exercise is one the best mood enhancers you can have.
- Be Social – Make a point to reconnect with old friends or occasionally “go out on the town”. Humans are social beings by nature so if it is with just one friend or a group of friends be sure to get out of the house and enjoy life at least once a month!
For more information on healthy aging or Healthy Aging Month checkout the following sites: