With allergy season up ahead, there are many who are dreading this time of year. Do you struggle to go outside during the Spring months because you always end up sneezing uncontrollably? Do you have a hard time falling asleep at night because of a constant scratchy throat? Here are ways to keep your allergies under control!
- Take an over-the-counter antihistamine every morning.
- Use a nasal spray twice a day.
- Rinse out your sinuses with a nasal rinse 2-3 times a day.
- If experiencing a dry or itchy throat, gargle warm salt water multiple times a day. This can also loosen up mucus in the back of your throat due to congestion.
- Invest in air purifiers for the rooms in your house. This can help eliminate some of the allergens floating around your home.
- A humidifier in your bedroom can help with dryness in your sinuses while sleeping.
- Don’t track in allergens from the outdoors into your home. Take off your shoes and outerwear as soon as you walk in the door.
- Visit your ENT to see if your symptoms are ACTUALLY allergy–related.
- Take an allergy test if necessary to see what allergens are affecting you. Allergy shots can help over time if this is an option available to you!
Most of these are remedies you can do on your own at home. Be proactive before your allergies get the best of you this allergy season!