Walking has many benefits including:
- Maintaining a healthy weight and lose body fat
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, cancer and type 2 diabetes
- Improve cardiovascular fitness
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improved muscle endurance
- Increases energy levels
- Improve your mood, cognition, memory and sleep
- Improve your balance and coordination
- Strengthen immune system
- Reduce stress and tension
How much should we be walking?
It is recommended by the CDC to get 10,000 steps per day, including preferably at least 30 minutes of a faster pace walk.
Let’s Get Walking!